Do I need a sponsoring broker to get my Georgia real estate license?

No, you can still obtain an inactive real estate license; however, you will not be permitted to engage in any real estate brokerage activities.

Only an active licensee can engage in brokerage activities. You can only obtain an active license if you work under a sponsoring broker.

If you wish to change your license from an inactive license to an active license, you must complete the Real Estate Change Application.