How do I get my MLO license?
There are 6 steps you need to take to get your Mortgage Loan Originator license:
- Step 1: Apply for your NMLS Unique ID Number
- Step 2: Complete the 20-hour MLO Pre-License Course and any additional pre-licensing training that may be required by your state
- Step 3: Pass the SAFE Mortgage Loan Originator Test
- Step 4: Complete Background Checks and Pay All Fees
- Step 5: Apply for a Mortgage License Through the NMLS
- Step 6: Associate Your NMLS Account with Your Sponsoring Broker or Lender
Find out more information about getting you MLO license in the following states:
- New York
Choose the answer by state?