Here is a potential timeline for how long it could take to earn your Maryland real estate salesperson license:
Step 1: Complete the required 60-hour Maryland Pre-License course.
- Most students choose to take the online course online so they can work at their pace.
- An online course can be faster to finish than a classroom course.
- This step can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks, depending on how fast you work through an online class.
Step 2: Schedule and take the state exam.
- You can schedule your exam through the PSI website or by calling (855) 744-0318.
- Scheduling ranges 1-3 weeks, depending on availability at the testing centers.
Step 3: Choose a sponsoring broker
- A sponsoring MD licensed broker is essential for receiving an active license.
- You need their registration number and branch location for the application.
- Finding a broker can take a few weeks or months.
Step 4: Apply for your license.
- You can submit the application as soon as you receive an email from the MREC with instructions. This can take 3-5 days.
- The real estate commission does not provide an application process time estimate.
Total Time: 6-24 weeks
It's possible to have your real estate license within two months. How quickly you earn your license depends on how long it takes you to finish the course, pass the exam, find an employing broker, and apply for the license.