What jobs can a California mortgage loan originator do?

An individual who has a California Mortgage Loan Originator license can negotiate residential mortgage loan terms and take residential mortgage loan applications that have as security or collateral residential real estate located in California. In addition to “Mortgage Loan Originator”, some companies have titles such as “Loan Consultant,” “Mortgage Loan Officer,” or simply “Loan Officer” that apply to individuals filling these roles.

An individual can also be an Independent Contractor mortgage loan processor or mortgage loan underwriter with a Mortgage Loan Originator license.

Related FAQs