What licenses are needed to start a mortgage brokerage business in Georgia?

Some jurisdictions in GA require general licenses for any business operating there. To get a license, register your business with the GA Secretary of State and obtain a Certificate of Authority. 

Starting an independent mortgage brokerage business in Georgia will require that you complete the process of obtaining a GA Mortgage Broker Registration for your company or yourself as a broker, and a Mortgage Loan Originator License which authorizes you to engage in mortgage loan origination activities.

Related FAQs