In order to obtain your Georgia real estate salesperson license, you will have to complete the following 3 steps:
Complete the 75-hour Georgia pre-license course.
- The course must be approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission.
- The course can be taken online or in-person.
- At the end of the course is a proctored final exam. The final exam consists of at least 100 questions.
- After you pass the final exam, you will earn your Certificate of Completion for the course.
- The school will notify the Georgia Real Estate Commission that you have completed the course, which will allow you to schedule your State exam.
Schedule and pass the State exam.
- You can apply to take the State real estate salespersons exam online using the REAL computer application system at www.goAMP.com
- You will schedule your exam date, time, and location, and pay the required exam fee.
- The State exam must be taken at one of the four PSI testing centers in Marietta, Liburn, Macon, or Savannah.
- The State exam consists of 152 total questions, and includes a National portion and a State portion (also known as the Georgia Salesperson Supplement portion).
- Qualified Veterans may be allowed to receive preference points for the exam.
- You will receive your exam results at the PSI testing center, right after completing the exam.
Apply For Your License
- You can apply for your license at the PSI testing center.
- After passing the State exam, you will receive a Certificate of Accuracy Statement, which will be used when you apply for your license.
- You have the option to apply for an active or inactive license, depending on if you have a sponsoring broker.
- If you apply for a active license, you must submit the following 5 documents:
- A valid ID along with a Certificate of Accuracy Statement.
- A completed Sponsoring Broker Statement Form.
- A non-refundable license fee of $170.
- A criminal history report or Georgia Crime Information Report.
- A signed and notarized Lawful Presence Affidavit.
Once your documents are reviewed and approved you will receive your Georgia Real Estate Salespersons license!